Holiday stress is real and it can negatively affect your health and physical appearance. Obviously, you do not want that. With all the things that you have to accomplish this holiday season and all the parties that you will go to, you want to make sure that you are in tip-top shape and looking your best.
With all the holiday parties that you will go to, you can easily forget about your health. Lack of sleep and overeating are only a few of the things that could happen to you. Of course, all the food before and after the events can be hard to resist. Instead of fighting your urges, here are some tips that will keep you from overeating and looking stressed during the holidays.
- Do not alter your eating habits. Sometimes, when we know that we will attend a party later on, we skip meals in anticipation of the feast. Try to avoid this. Usually, skipping meals will make you very hungry when you arrive to the party. You will be more likely to overeat.
- Have a snack before going to an event. It does not have to be much. You can eat a piece of fruit or get some low-fat yogurt. This will fill your stomach enough to keep you from feeling too hungry during the party.
- Focus on socializing rather than eating. This is why you are out after all. When you keep on talking to the other guests, you will not eat too much of the food. After all, it is quite hard to talk when your mouth is so full.
- Be careful of buffets. Look at what is offered before you line up. That way, you can decide which of the healthier options you will eat. And make sure you do not get second helpings.
- Do not forget to exercise. Since you will be very busy, putting your exercise routine in the backseat is most likely to happen. While you may think that this will keep you from feeling to stressed about your schedule, you are actually making more damage. Continue to exercise even if you have to tone it down a bit. Cut one or two sessions but do not go without exercising entirely. If anything, this will help burn the calories from all the eating and drinking that you will do during the holiday.
While all the events will be taking up a lot of your time, you should not sacrifice getting enough sleep. Make sure you have enough time for your beauty rest so you will not succumb to the holiday stress.