What are the benefits of a Jessner Peel? Is this peel right for you?
Craving to improve your look by removing heavily damaged skin? If so, the clear choice would be a Jessner Peel. According to The Derm Review
, “[a] Jessner peel is a popular medium-depth chemical peel that works to improve skin health”. Similar to other chemical peels, the Jessner Peel is done by brushing an acidic liquid onto the skin to remove the top layers. Because it is a medium-depth peel, the Jessner Peel has many different benefits.
Benefits of a Jessner Peel
● reduce dark patches and age spots
● even out skin tone
● reduce the appearance of scars
● smooth fine lines and wrinkles
● treat melasma (skin discoloration), hyperpigmentation, and acne scars
According to holistic esthetician Biba de Sousa, a Jessner Peel can also improve “crepey leg skin, pigmented backs, back acne, and more” (Jahns).
Is It For You?
Erin Jahns of Byrdie
explains that there are some rules to follow before deciding to be treated with a Jessner Peel.
Some of the rules include:
1. Avoid peels if you’re pregnant or are allergic to certain acids.
2. Keep in mind your pre- and post-treatment care.
3. Consult with a credible esthetician, like your favorite Bellagena staff member